Sunday, October 11, 2009

I have a sick baby (dun dundadun), he's got the poops (dundadunduh), I don't wanna cry but I got the SICK Baby blues...

I feel close to the Blues today.  It was just the right cadence to my measure.

 I think music really needs to meet us where we are at.  If I'm sad, I don't want to listen to happy music.  If I'm not dancing, I don't want to listen to dance music.  If I'm not eating enchiladas, I don't want to listen to a mariachi band (j/k, kinda.)

It's not that I haven't had enjoyable blues moments before now but today for the first time I could finally FEEL that blues music.

Perhaps it was because today was not an exactly easy day and I could easily continue to sing you my "Sick Baby Blues", but I won't.  Instead I'll tell you some really great things to do while listening the blues:

1.  Make Beef and Barley Soup in the Crockpot.  Dance around while doing the dishes.  No, I mean really dance around as if you were THAT girl in the hazy smoke-filled blues bar.

2. Play Farkle (a dice game) with your husband on your big dining room table while taunting each other, drinking a homemade italian soda and sharing a carmel apple.  The rhythm has a perfect "shake, shake" that's great for dicing (and taunting).

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment