Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Field Museum!

Perhaps it seems to you that my posts are slowing down and that would be true.  Does that mean I'm falling off the wagon so soon?  Absolutely not!  We are still project-rific over here, wearin yellow everyday, singin the blues. drawin with crayons and working on A, B and C over here!  I've also made some major exercise strides and that feels pretty good. And Today?  Today we completed our Field Museum commitment for this month.  

Max loved the exceptionally exceptional children's area.  He was kind of freaked out and intrigued by the life-sized bugs in the Underground Adventure.  He LOVED the dinosaurs (but that's not surprising who DOESN"T love dinosaurs?)!  He was even interested in the creepy stuffed animal exhibit.  

NO ONE was excited about the lame "Pirates" exhibit.  Seriously, Lame.  The most disappointing museum exhibit EVER (and I've been to a lot of Museum exhibits.)

What did I really like about the museum trip today?  

Getting to spend time with my dear friend, K.  The exhibits today really just settled into a backdrop as we talked a lot about where we are at and where we want to be.  It felt really good to touchbase with him today.  It's a rare friendship where we always just "get" each other completely.

I've been feeling a lot of dread lately about the state of my life.  It felt good to speak it aloud to someone. To someone who was feeling something similar.

I often say that we can all "only be where we are at".  I also think that the universe doesn't make mistakes and if we open ourselves up to the possibility, life will lead us from one thing to the next.  One of my favorite books, "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse stresses the different lives we all can lead in a single lifetime.  There can be time for a life of excess and a life of restraint.  We get what we need from each life phase to help us along on our journey.  I believe that one day I will find my river of peace as Siddhartha did.  I've been holding on to these thoughts to get me through the now.

The universe did not make a mistake in K and I planning this visit to the Field Museum.  We didn't need to just see some dinosaurs and stand in a Maori Lodge, we also needed some truth and a friend who was willing to listen.

I've said it many times before and now I will say it again.  I've got very little to speak of but one thing I have in abundance is some pretty amazing people to call my friends.  This project continues to expand my life in unexpected ways.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your doing great...yellow clothes, good blues music, crayons, and a museum. The exercising will get easier over time..and I'm with you on the fact it makes me feel great after I'm done with it. I truely think you shall win the commitment issue..your doing awesome so far! Hugs, Anna

    ReplyDelete