Friday, October 16, 2009

Accountability

So.....I am officially half way through my first month.  I've worn Yellow everyday, I've listened to the Blues every day (mostly) to the exclusion of all other music, Max knows the Triangle, the number one and the letter A really well (he's still working on B and C), we've been really experimenting with crayons.  We haven't gone to the Field museum yet but I'm going to schedule that in the next week or so......

However, I've not been doing so well with my new habit.  Some days I exercise 20 mins (or more!) but most days I don't at all.  This habit was important to me because I really want to be healthier.  The funny this is, I actually like the way I feel after I exercise (rarely during).  It really does make me feel good both physically and emotionally.  I just have such a hard time squeezing it in or overcoming my laziness.

But no more, for the rest of the month I will not only be exercising my minimum of 20 mins a day, I'm adding a mandatory session of situps, leg raises and pushups to each day.  This takes about 10 mins.  I'm also going to find days that I will schedule longer exercise activities (ie: sunday there is talk of biking to pulaski/peterson to do a 90 min community yoga class.  That'll be like a whopping 3 or 4 hours of physical activity!)

I WILL make myself do this. I'm continuing to write so that I continue to be accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment