Monday, March 8, 2010

Max is 3!

Dear Max,

I'm writing this letter to you on the blog I've created because this project has become a big part of our lives. Sometimes I'm not sure if you really know what's going on....Do you notice that you wear yellow or green or orange or blue everyday for awhile? How about the music? How do you REALLY feel about classical music? One of the greatest beauties of who you are is your amazing ability to simply take life in stride. You don't know what we are doing or where we are going but you are almost always o.k. with it. In fact, every day at some point you say to me, "I'm okay, mama". Yes, you are baby.

Although, you are not a baby anymore. You love dinosaurs, robots, cars, books, trains and soup. You are a big guy now who knows all of his colors and his shapes. You are a guy who can count to 13. You are a guy who knows how to unlock doors and put in a dvd to watch. In fact, today to celebrate your birthday we took you to your very first movie. Learning how to sit still is definitely something a baby can't do! This year it's been amazing to watch how quickly you learn. How suddenly you put things together. We are constantly surprised by the things you can say and do. I have a feeling that we will always be pleasantly surprised by you.

You see, you are a bright light. A little piece of joy and every good thing I ever put into this world. No family is ever perfect and we are not either but we do have a lot of love and a lot of people in our lives to love. We are very lucky to have you and each other. Since the moment you were born, I can barely look at you without my heart exploding into a million pieces. It is also you who always puts me back together again.

All my love, baby beluga.....

-Mama

1 comment:

  1. I am sure your son will love this post Sam. Glad to see you are enjoying every minute of your son's life.

    ReplyDelete