Friday, April 2, 2010

In like a Lion and Out like a Lamb

Right now, we've been making art in life for exactly 1/2 a year. The structure has taken over our lives and I don't even know what i'd wear if I could wear ANYTHING! And this Month? I liked this month alot. In fact, there have been discouraging moments wherein I thought about throwing in the towel, but I'm so glad I didn't. March has been the most enjoyable month yet. Let's talk about it:

Blue - robin's eggs, Max's eyes, my husband's eyes, blue skies, sapphires, blueberries, my favorite blue handbag, indigo dye, the color of the bedroom wall in the first apartment my husband and I shared, turquoise and silver necklaces - we are kind of blue people. We have lots of blue clothes, so many in fact that this month was an enjoyable pause in the "do we have to do laundry, again?!?!" crisis. Blue has been a standout throughout my life. In fact, my grandmother's favorite color was a specific shade of blue. Some call it "country blue" and whenever I come across that blue, I instantly think of her.

Musical Instruments:

I played the piano every single day. It was nice to re-embrace my daily piano playing. It has kind of fallen to the wayside with this project, working and my yoga practice. Most days, we'd also drag out this basket filled with musical instruments and have ourselves a little jam session. Those days are my favorite days.

Peggy Notebart Nature Museum:
I absolutely ADORE this place. It's a lovely little museum that is perfect for children Max's age. They have a water play area, a little playground/ climbing area and a room filled with butterflies! Currently they are running a "critter cam" exhibition that allows us to see the world for various animals points of view (sharks, whales, penguins) that I found fascinating. It's also set on lovely surrounding grounds. And it's cheap! I imagine Max and I will be spending some time there in the upcoming year.

Pop Music:

Oh how we loved pop music. I mean we really LOVED pop music. Thankfully April is Motown (which is also fun) because otherwise we'd have a hard time letting Pop go.

Letters, number, shape:

Listen, I've been doing this project for 6 months now......and some things are holding true .....this letter thing? Not working out. Max is crazy confused and calls every letter "B". And you know what? He already can count to something like 13. He also knows all his shapes and color. I think going forward, I'm going to just focus on teaching him the alphabet separately from this project.

Habit:

The minute you tell me I can't do something is pretty much the minute I'm inclined to do it. Besides, we don't eat out all that much anyways. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment